1 lack of agreement or harmony [syn: strife]
2 disagreement among those expected to cooperate [syn: dissension]
3 a harsh mixture of sounds [syn: discordance]
4 strife resulting from a lack of agreement [syn: discordance] v : be different from one another [syn: disagree, disaccord] [ant: match]
- Lack of agreement among persons, groups, or things.
- Tension or strife resulting from a lack of agreement; dissension.
- A confused or harsh sound or mingling of sounds.
- Music. An inharmonious combination of simultaneously sounded tones; a dissonance.
Discord may refer to:
- Discord (goddess), another name for the Roman Goddess Discordia or Eris
- Discord, a fictional god character in the TV series Hercules: The Legendary Journeys, Xena: Warrior Princess, and Young Hercules played by Meighan Desmond
- Dischord Records, a punk and alternative record label
- Discord (album), an album and single released by the punk rock band Bomb Factory
- A month in the Discordian calendar
Bedlam let loose, Discordia, Eris, animosity, antagonism, antipathy, argumentation, bedlam, blast, bobbery, brawl, brouhaha, cacophony, charivari, chirm, clamor, clangor, clap, clash, clashing, clatter, coarseness, collision, commotion, conflict, contention, contradiction, controversy, cracked voice, difference, din, disaccord, disaccordance, disaffinity, disagree, disagreement, discordance, discordancy, discrepancy, disharmony, disparity, dissension, dissent, dissidence, dissonance, disunion, disunity, divergence, diversity, divide, division, donnybrook, drunken brawl, dryness, dustup, enmity, faction, flap, fracas, free-for-all, friction, gruffness, gutturalism, gutturality, gutturalness, harshness, hell broke loose, hoarseness, hostility, howl, hubbub, hue and cry, hullabaloo, huskiness, inaccordance, incompatibility, incompatibleness, incongruity, inconsistency, inconsonance, inequality, inharmoniousness, inharmony, jangle, jar, jarring, loud noise, mischief, mismatch, negation, noise, noise and shouting, noncooperation, open conflict, opposition, oppugnancy, outcry, pandemonium, polarization, racket, rancor, raspiness, rattle, raucity, repugnance, rhubarb, roar, roughness, row, rub, ruckus, ruction, rudeness, rumble, rumpus, scrapiness, scratchiness, shindy, shivaree, stertorousness, strained relations, strife, tension, thickness, throatiness, thunder, thunderclap, tintamarre, tumult, ugliness, uncongeniality, unharmoniousness, unpleasantness, uproar, variance, vary